Inspirational Quote of the Week

" Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities"

-Aristotle



viernes, 16 de septiembre de 2011

Back and hopefully to stay!


Many things have changed since the last time I posted.

  1. We sold our house
  2. I am officially working from home (still trying to figure out if this is a good thing)
  3. My youngest son, Andrew, turned 1 year old
  4. I drop 5 lbs

Regarding  my running there a few issues that I am still working on, I guess once you start making 20 to 30 miles a week, a few things we come to the surface:

First, I started having a pain in my calf that just kept getting worse and worse, to the point that walking was a chore and going up and down the stairs was a real agony.  I kept on running, and it will hurt so bad the first few strikes, but 5 or 10 minutes later I was able to get the pace and keep it. The pain obviously returning a the moment I would stop for cooling down. My husband is a Physical Therapy Assistant which can be a blessing, but he considers running a dangerous sport that can deteriorate your joints, so to have an injury because of running comes with the “I told you so”, but at the end and under his insistence I kept on a 3 mile top and every other day or so.

Dear husband say you may strained your muscle, but I kept thinking no, is something with my running so I did research and research and finally hit me… I am an OVERPRONATOR. With this in mind and bought a pair of running shoes with more stability, a Brook pair (vs the Nike I was using) and got some insoles  for extra comfort.  The result? Yeah, that is what it was. I am running better than ever, and even though I get sore on the same leg, at least the horrible pain is gone and I am actually enjoying my me moment (running). Oh… Brook running shoes rule!

So, now that my life has more or less stabilized more, and my routine is slowly but surely coming along, I am back on my blog and continue to write about my running progress.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario