Inspirational Quote of the Week

" Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities"

-Aristotle



viernes, 15 de junio de 2012

Day Three... Oh Oh the summer heat!


Yesterday rained and it was a bummer! I made up my mind not to let go of the training and switched days, so I ended up doing core / strength training while talking to the kids, watching Disney channel and following exercises in my Ipad. Not bad at all.

So, today I was determined to go for a run. I did all my duties at work early (I do work from home) and had lunch with my husband (who yesterday had his “last day of work in New Orlenas”, lunch consisted of spicy chicken salad and it was great!

After some more work done in the afternoon and gear up, took a caffeinated drink and embraced the heat. Running under the summer heat is tiring, sweaty, exhausting and invigorating. The heat it’s a constant reminder of how much you can push your body and I definitely had a very gratifying 55m under the sun. I wanted to cover 2 miles and sure I did, so today was a success.



The Workout:   5 minute walk
                          10 minute run
                          1 minute walk
                          10 minute run
                          2 minute walk
                          8 minute run
                          2 minute walk
                          6 minute run
                          1 minute walk
                          5 minute run
                          4 minute walk (post workout)
               

The Training was to do a 2 mile and it was completed!.


Food Intake:      1 Cup of Coffe
                         1 brownie (bad, bad, bad, so delicious)
                         1 Spicy Chicken Salad
                         1 Drumstick (baked chicken)
                         ½ white rice
                         1 cup of salad (or more)


PICTURE OF THE DAY:       





















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario